Thursday, May 10, 2012



Photoshop - Layer Mask

We learned about layer mask shortly into our introduction into Adobe Photoshop.  Layer mask hide parts of images, so that several can be places together and made to look like a collage effect. 

For my two compositions, I made one about Deadmau5, the music artist, and one about the beach.  Deadmau5 is a techno DJ, so I made an image that would represent all the aspects of one of his concerts.  I had images of a crowd, a DJ booth, his logo, and a turntable.  In my second piece, the beach themed one, I tried to give off a summer beach vibe.  I had a surfer, starfish, waves, and clear blue water.  This was harder than the first piece because there was a lot of white, in several shades too, so it was hard playing around with the layer masks to make the work look nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment